O-KI Shiatsu School
1st Year: Relaxation and Well-Being
This full year Shiatsu Course can be followed as a course for beginners, to learn a new hobby and as a start of your own Shiatsu Professional Career. Ths course is organised by O-KI Shiatsu School. After completing this year and the requirements for the exam, you receive the O-KI Certificate Shiatsu Relaxation Practitioner.
Our vision for the 1st year: to re-explore and discover again your answer to the question 'what is Health'. How does a healthy body feels like? Because, we all have the strange habit of no-awareness, to notice the body only when something goes wrong, when there is pain. This year, we learn to feel, notice and sense our body even wehn all goes well, to regain again this absolute happiness to sense your body, to be connected with the body.
What will we do? We learn to relax, to allow ourself to relax. We sense what Health really means. We learn to be attentive to our ressources, and how to use them for your wellbeing. To experience the harmony of your entire energetic Being, to feel the connection of your physical body with your emotions, thoughts, and your spiritual existence. In short: to be present in the here and now of you physical manifestation.
This way our reference in our Life will be again : Health, Harmony, Force and Peace. Every class we invite you to realise this beautiful way of living.
Our Mission: O-KI Shiatsu works towards the realisation of a Conscious Presence in the Physical, Energetic, Emotional, Mental and Spiritual Body.
We are dedicated to offer you:
- Quality Education and Professional level of Education Techniques
- The price indication includes all - there are no unpleasend surprises
- Dedicated staff and teachers
- Integration of KI and Respect in all aspects of the tuition
- Connection with Nature, its Beauty and Force
- Integral and Complete Health as reference in every observation and every treatment
- First the body, then the Mind
- Unity of Eastern and Western Values and way of Perception
- Basic idea: we don't fight disease but strenghten the Ki and vitality : we work with the potential of Consciousness, which is present in every Body Cell
- Relaxed attention directs the flow of energy
- 20 years of experience
Our first question : what is good for my spiritual and energetic evolution today ?
To strenghten our Health and our Consciousness, we use the five pillers :
- Personalised Diet
- Conscious Breath
- Moving the body the right way & receiving regular Massage
- Harmonic thoughts & emotions
- Practical Spirituality
If you find yourself in the above, we wish you a warm welcome, to grow and share together!
Structure: In total 110 hours tuition, which are structured in 4 consecutive Modules.
Reports: To help you in your practice, you are asked to establish 50 reports (50 treatments). They are checked and, if necessary, corrected; and you are given feedback in order to impove your shiatsu practice.
Exams: are not compulsory. There is a theoretical (written and oral) and practical test. The price is 100 euros. When you passed the exam with good result, and followed at least 85% of the classes, and finished with good result the 50 reports, you receive the O-KI Shiatsu School certification " O-KI Shiatsu Relaxation Practitioner ".
Missed classes : classes you didn't attend can be followed next year, with a maximum of 5 classes for free. If you like to come for more then 5 classes, most welcome, the cost is 20 euros per class.
Timing : Friday 6:30 PM till 9:30 PM and Sturday 9:30 AM till 4:30 PM.
Price: 11 weekends of each 10 hours = 110 hours
- with reduction, all paid in advance: 980 euros
- in 3 times: 350 at the start + 350 before 1MARCH + 360 before 1APRIL
- for each module: 350 (Module 1) + 150 (Module 2) + 180 (Module 3) + 420 (Module 4). Payable before the start of each module.
Included: Extensive Textbook (125 pages), all classes, correction of your 50 reports, tea.
Address: Our own beautiful Shiatsu hall, luminous and lined with wooden floor: O-KI Place E. Keym, 1170 Watermael-Boitsfort. Some classes (Ix) in our city-dojo: Av de l'Université 61, 1050 Ixelles.
Information & Enrollment : Phone/WhatsApp : +32-476-999421
O-KI Shiatsu Professional Year Training
1st Year: Relaxation and Well-Being
Date and Timing of the next course starting 11 January 2020 :
Shiatsu Training Course in 11 weekends (6 Months)
When: starts every year in January and runs till end of June.
Time : Friday 6:30 PM till 9:30 PM and Saturday 9:30 AM till 4:30 PM.
Language : English and French
Module 1: 10-11 & 17-18 January & 31/1-1/2 & 14-15 February 2020
Module 2 : 21-22 February 2020
Module 3 : 20-21 March & 27-28 March 2020
Module 4 : 22-23 May & 29-30 May & 19-20 June & 26-27 June 2020
Exam: Sunday 6 September 2020 from 10 am onwards
Date and Timing of the Present Course 2019 :
Module 4 May 3-4 (Co) & 24-25 + June 14-15 (Co) & 21-22
Exam: Saturday 7th September 2019
(Co) : Class in the Shiatsu hall in Avenue de Coccinelles
Year Program :
" BASIC SHIATSU TREATMENT & THE ART OF EASTERN HEALING "
- What is relaxation? Complete Health as the real reference in Life. Energetic principles and techniques.
- The discipline of a true shiatsu relaxation practitioner.
- Shiatsu & Consciousness. The Universal Consciousness & practical application in daily life. Awareness and Sensing Techniques.
- Breathing exercices & training. Meditation Techniques. The use of KI. Energetic Body Training. The Makko Ho exercices and the Makko Ho adapted to the Western Body. Kokyo Go.
- Introduction to Body Treatments. How to touch in Shiatsu massage?
- The complete Basic Treatment: the back, the neck, the schoulders, the head, the face, the arms, the torso, the belly, the hips, the legs, the calves, the ankles and feet and toes. Soft Shiatsu Techniques. Rocking Technique. Basics of Anatomy.
- Observation Methods & Therapeutic Techniques. Energetic embryology. The use of ‘yin and yang’ in daily life. Basis Principles of a Harmonic Diet, Cooking Techniques and Wisdom of Nourishment. Philosophy of the Eastern Art of Healing & Medicine. Introduction to the Eastern way of Healing.
Module 2 " LEARN TO SENSE AND TO BE PRESENT "
- The basics of every Body related Therapy : The Art of Presence , Meditation , Awareness , Consciousness and Breathing. Self-reflexion.
- The Eastern Vision: Man as a manifested Consciousness, an energy connecting Heaven and Earth. How is the Body created, from an energetic point of view? As a Consciousness which materialises in Matter. What is "Conscious Matter" ?
- The Electromagnetic Field as Origin, the formation of tissues and cells. The energy condenses in energy-streams.
- The formation of meridians and the physical body (the inner universe) which is in correspondance with the outer universe (planets, constellations, evolution). How to calm the nervous system, how to harmonise the 'thinking man', how to come into Silence, and staying in that Realm.
- Allowing yourself to Sense. Being in ' Presence '. Ritual to make contact with the client and client's body. To sense the body without touching physically. To sense the body internally. Energetic observation of the body.
- Energetic Techniques: 'Rocking'. The fascia, the joints.
- Introduction to the element Earth: the centre of the 5 elements. Anchorage: being connected to the ground, the planet, your own roots and supports. Reinforcing your own centre.
- Deontology. Energetic protection during and after Treatments. Development of our 12 senses (6 inner and 6 outer)
Module 3 "THE FIVE ELEMENTS AND THE TRANSFORMATIONS"
- The DO-IN exercices and Auto-Shiatsu. Observation of the Hara (belly) and ampuku. The Hara zones. Capacity of sensing kyo , o-ki , jitsu.
- The Chinese Clock and the Energetic Cycle of the Meridians. The Makko Ho exercices and the Makko Ho adapted to a Western Body.
- Study and practical application of the 5 Elements : theoretical knowledge and practical application in daily life. The Sheng and Co Cycles, among others.
- Contra-indications according to the 5 elements in Shiatsu treatments. The 5 Transformations and the 5x3 Emotional Conditions.
Module 4 "MERIDIANS AND STRETCHINGS"
- Sensing and Knowing. The 7 Levels of Consciousness.
- Study and intensive practice of the 12 basic Chinese meridians. To know the meridians, we avoid a mental approach but rather as an energetic identification: to feel and sense the energy stream. Applied knowledge and identification to your own body and the client's body.
- The 84 basic Tsubo: the basic acupuncture points. To feel, sense, and know the Tsubo's. To be able to use them in a correct and logic treatment, in harmony with the client's needs.
- Introduction to the Zen Shiatsu of Masunaga. The Zen Stretchings.
- The 28 general Stretchings which help to open the energy flow in the body.